According to legend, the Skirvin Hilton Hotel in Oklahoma City — where the Miami Heat are staying on their NBA Finals road trip — is haunted.
A pair of onetime New York Knicks believes it, including current Miami player Eddy Curry.
Chicago Bulls forward Taj Gibson really believes it, as he told ESPNChicago.com’s Nick Friedell.
Shawn Marion once saw something pretty scary there, which he shared with ESPN Dallas’ Skin Wade.
While the Heat might not believe it all that much, Bill Simmons in 2010 stayed the night and, well …
… I woke up at 4:30 with my heart pounding. I swear on Tom Brady’s ACLs that the following happened: At first, I heard a baby crying and realized that was why I woke up. I thought it was one of my own kids before remembering that my kids weren’t babies anymore, then remembering that I was in Oklahoma City and not Los Angeles. Suddenly, it dawned on me that I wasn’t alone. I had an overpowering sensation that someone else was in the room. Until you’ve experienced that feeling, you can’t understand what it’s like. Your blood is swishing through your veins at 200 mph, only you don’t understand why. Your body reacts a few seconds before your brain does.
See more at the Source.
Introducing the first official LEGO Haunted House! June 10, 2012Posted by admin in Ghost Hunting, News.
Due September 2012!
10228 Haunted House
Ages 14+, 2,064 pieces.
Price: US $179.99 CA $199.99 DE 149.99 € UK 119.99 £ DK 1499 DKK
Enter the Haunted House at your peril!
The crooked Haunted House is home to the scariest ghosts and monsters. Tremble in fear as you open the gate, go weak at the knees as you step onto the porch and gasp in horror at the fireplace, kitchen, office, folding staircase, bedroom, potion room, music room and collection of other creepy objects. Dare you enter the Haunted House?!
- Add to your LEGO® Monster Fights Collection with the first officlal LEGO® Haunted House!
- Includes 6 minifigures: 2 glow-in-the-dark ghosts, Vampyre, Vampyre’s Bride, Zombie chef and butler
- Features unique ‘crooked’ design featuring boarded up windows and working front gate.
- Haunted House opens to reveal detailed interior with 3 floors.
- First floor features fireplace that swings open and displays a ship in a bottle on the mantle.
- Cook up a ghoulish meal with the Zombie chef in the kitchen complete with old-style stove, jars and table.
- Write letters from the Vampyre’s haunted office.
- Pull the lever hidden in the chimney to release the drop down staircase and access the top floor.
- Top floor features gramophone, records and newspaper LEGO® elements.
- Customize the Haunted House with new stickers for wall hangings, spider webs and curtains.
- Measures 15.4” (39cm) high, 9.4” (24cm) wide and 7.5” (19cm) deep
Saudi ghost-hunters raid “haunted” hospital June 3, 2012Posted by admin in Ghost Hunting.
The dingy corridors and gloomy wards of a long-abandoned Saudi Arabian hospital have drawn hundreds of amateur ghost hunters who believe it to be haunted by jinn, the malevolent spirits of the Koran and Arabian mythology.
The macabre fascination with Riyadh’s Irqa Hospital, which treated Gulf War combatants in 1991, began with tweeted rumours and escalated to the point where hundreds of youths broke into the grounds, smashing windows and starting fires.
“Teenagers sent text messages calling for an operation against some of the jinn who live in the hospital, and they broke into the hospital and smashed its facilities and burned 60 percent of it,” Okaz newspaper reported last week.
The rampage prompted angry press complaints the authorities were allowing the building to fall into disrepair.
Read more at the Source